Thursday, August 7, 2008

Finding Joy in the Smallest Things...

Today I got to talk with my girlfriend who is on a 3 week missions trip to Ecuador. I have not had a chance to talk to her since she left almost a week ago, and tonight, hearing her voice over the telephone from all those miles away, it made my heart sore.

I think it is so cool that the human heart can take such pure joy from such little things. How nothing more then holding the hand of a loved one can send you over the moon. Or hearing their voice after not seeing them for a few days can make you feel like a kid in a toy store.

This really shouldn't be that much of a surprise though...I mean human beings were never meant to be alone...it is not how we were created. But it is so cool to see examples of this in your relationship with your significant other.