Sunday, August 17, 2008

Cleaning Out The Closet

There is something amazingly freeing about laying everything at the foot of the cross. Even though God knows everything, so He already knows all the sin that is in your life, He still waits and wants for you to come to him with it. And when you do finally come, after trying everything on your own, He is standing there with open arms waiting to grab you and hold you close, and to take it all away. To take your pain and sorrow and anguish, and replace it with a peace and joy that can only come from Him.

"...He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet upon a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord."
Psalm 40:1-3 NIV

No comments: